December, 2016 - "Yappy Howlidays" Dapper Dog Box
The theme for the December Dapper Dog Box is “Yappy Howlidays”. How festive and appropriate! :-)
The Treats in the December Dapper Dog Box are:
- Bobby & Bambi’s Holiday Biscuits - (retail value $9.99 for 6 oz.) These treats are described as a “peanut butter gingerbread”. They are a crunchy texture and are a good size for larger pups, but needed to be broken down into pieces for Bruce Wayne. They are grain and gluten free. While they do have more ingredients than I like to give Bruce Wayne in a treat, all the ingredients are organic and human-grade, which definitely makes me happy. All of the ingredients seem relatively in line with what I like to give Bruce Wayne, so even though the treats have many ingredients, I decided to let Bruce Wayne live a little and give them a try ;-)
As you can see in Bruce Wayne’s “first impressions” video, he enjoyed these treats. They are a bit hard for me to break into smaller pieces (that just may be a sign to me that I need to workout more, lol). Overall, I would say these are a success with a usually picky Bruce Wayne.
- Polkadog Yappy Howliday Treats - (retail value $5.99 for 2 oz.) The flavor we received is duck liver, which is one of Bruce Wayne’s favorite proteins. The packaging itself is great to carry around and makes for a great treat on the go. I can easily fit it in Bruce Wayne’s bag, which is always an added bonus for me since he always has so much stuff in his bag. I love that there are only 3 ingredients: beef liver, potato flour and honey. I’ve heard and read mixed feelings about giving dogs treats with potato. If anyone has any thoughts or read any research either way regarding this, we would love to hear it.
The Toys in the December Dapper Dog Box are:
- Zippy Paws Holiday Reindeer Toy - (retail value $6.99) I’m pretty sure I speak for most dog lovers when I say that we love getting Zippy Paw toys in our boxes, as they are a popular, engaging brand on Instagram that we love. The body of this reindeer houses a squeaker, while his arms and legs are lined with the notorious crinkle material that Bruce Wayne loves. The body of the reindeer is a bit too big for Bruce Wayne to get his little Chi-Chi mouth around, but that hasn’t stopped him from playing with the reindeers limbs (lol, that sounds horrific).
- PrideBites Elf Toy - (retail value $9.99) PrideBites is another recognizable social media friendly company. The elf toy has a squeaker inside and while it is a bit too tall for Bruce Wayne’s liking, it is thin enough that he can still get his mouth around it. That being said, Bruce Wayne has never really took to the infamous PrideBite toys. I think maybe because they are a little to “blocky” for him, if that makes any sense. Also, I’ve seen most dogs like to use these toys to play fetch with, as they also float. Bruce Wayne does not like playing fetch, so that could be a reason why he hasn’t really shown much interest in these toys.
- Jax & Bones Holiday Ring Rope - (retail value $9.50) This was the toy I was most excited to see. Again, Jax & Bones is another popular social media company, but one I’ve been eyeing up. The shapes are adorable, but I was mainly interested in these because Bruce Wayne really likes to chew on rope toys. The wreath is a little big for him but that doesn’t stop him from trying to gnaw on the rope. So far, he’s been having a blast with it.
Estimated December Dapper Dog Box Value: $42.26
Overall Opinion: I have yet to be disappointed by a Dapper Dog Box and this month was no exception. I love that Dapper Dog Box sends dog toys that are from engaging social media companies. To me, it just shows how much effort Dapper Dog Box puts into their boxes. They aren’t just going with the cheapest toy available to them. Also, the treats are always pretty much in line with what I am willing to let Bruce Wayne try. Usually, we have to pass along the treats we receive in subscription boxes, however, we’ve been able to keep most, if not all, of the treats sent in our Dapper Dog Box.
B-DUBS VERDICT: Bruce Wayne gives the December Dapper Dog Box 4 out of 4 grinchy paws!
Deals/Coupon Codes - If you'd like to try a Dapper Dog Box subscription, you can use code BRUCEWAYNE for 20% off and free shipping. (The Dapper Dog Box can be ordered by clicking here.)
*The Fine Print* - Bruce Wayne is not an “affiliate” for The Dapper Dog Box, however, they did send us a complimentary box in return for our honest review. These are solely my opinions of the December Dapper Dog Box based on Bruce Wayne's size and preference.