October, 2016 - "Happy Howl-O-Ween" Dapper Dog Box
The Theme for the October Dapper Dog Box is “Happy Howl-O-Ween”. This is our favorite time of year so we are super excited to see the Halloween theme.
The Toys in the October Dapper Dog Box are:
- HuggleHounds “Puff the Knottie Dragon” - (retail value $16.95) Woah! What a great toy. I was surprised to see this in our box, as I’ve seen HuggleHounds products at our local Pet Valu and they are on the expensive side (in my opinion) when it comes to plush toys for dogs. I love the corduroy texture of the HuggleHounds collections. I feel like it makes them more durable for heavy chewers. This toy has a few squeakers, which is awesome, as I thought the only squeaker was right in the middle of his body, which Bruce Wayne would not have been able to squeak. However, there are squeakers in each arm and leg of the dragon as well. Also, the dragon's wings have crinkle material in them, which Bruce Wayne loves.
- HuggleHounds “Whacky Bat” Toy - (retail value $8.00) I love this toy. It is the perfect sized toy for Bruce Wayne. It also has the signature HuggleHounds corduroy texture. There is a squeaker in the middle of the bat’s body. Bruce Wayne hasn’t squeaked it yet, but he definitely can if he tries. The bat’s body is small enough that he should be able to get his little Chi-Chi mouth around to the middle of the bat’s body. The only disappointment in this toy is that I think HuggleHounds missed a great opportunity to make the wings a lot more fun for pups. If they would have put the crinkle material throughout the long bat wings, that would have made this toy perfect for Bruce Wayne.
- Beco Things Jungle Double Rope Toy - (retail value $3.50) This is the perfect size rope toy for Bruce Wayne! It measures about 6 inches long. We have a different Beco Things Rope Toy, however, the one we have is 3 knots and longer. I didn’t even know that this size existed, but so glad we received it.
Below is Bruce Wayne’s “first impression” video of the rope toy he received. I honestly believe Bruce Wayne is the daniest chewer there is, lol. This is why I believe he may be part cat, as he likes to chew 1 string at a time. Thanks for watching. Enjoy.
The Treats in the October Dapper Dog Box are:
- Rosie’s Pumpkin & Cinnamon Treats - (retail value $9.99 for 6 oz.) They sure packed a lot of treats into this skinny bag. The treats are heart shaped (adorable). The bag says that they are “soft dog treats”, although, I think they are a bit firmer than they say, but that makes for easy breaking. They are vegan, gluten free, grain free, corn and soy free, which is always a bonus. There are a few ingredients that I’m not quite sure of so I’ll have to research them before I give them to Bruce Wayne.
- Amis Des Paux’s Pauxsome Pumpkin Treats - (retail value $6.50 for 12 treats) These treats are round in shape and made to resemble a pumpkin. They are crunchy treats and can easily be broken down into smaller pieces for small dogs. I love that these treats are homemade in New Orleans and are made with limited ingredients. Since the nutritional details are not listed on the bag (and Bruce Wayne has to watch his crude fat intake), I only gave Bruce Wayne a few nibbles. I shared the rest of the pack with his crazy Uncle Patches, but they both sure loved them.
The Accessory/Extra in the October Dapper Dog Box are:
- Jax & Bones Pick Up Bag Carrier - (retail value $12.99) Again, this is another great addition to this fun box! If you’re on social media often, you’ve probably heard of or seen some Jax & Bones products. They are a quality brand made in New York. This is our first Jax & Bones item, although, I’ve been meaning to pick some of their stuff up eventually. I love that this waste bag carrier holds 2 rolls of 15 bags. We go on lots of walks, so we go through bags quickly. There is a hole in the front so that you can pull the bags out as you use them. I’ve never had any luck with the bags coming through like they are actually supposed to so I’m anxious to see how this bag works over time. The nice part is that there is a zipper at the top of the bag in case you hate using the hole like I do. The bag comes with a sturdy clip to easily clip onto your dog’s leash, your purse, etc. Inside, there are 2 15 bag rolls of Earth Rated waste bags! You all know how excited I get when I see quality waste bags included in our subscription boxes….lol, weird, I know, but it’s something I know I will definitely use.
Estimated Value of the October Dapper Dog Box: $60.00
Overall Opinion: The Dapper Dog Box nailed it again with this October box! I loved seeing quality brand name items in our box and everything is a great size for Bruce Wayne. The Dapper Dog Box hit the Halloween/Fall theme perfectly, while keeping it fun for both dogs and humans. While The Dapper Dog Box is still fairly new to most dog owners, I honestly have been so happy with both our boxes we have received that I would highly suggest this subscription box to all our doggie friends!
B-DUBS VERDICT: Bruce Wayne gives the October Dapper Dog Box 4 out of 4 grinchy paws.
Deals/Coupon Codes - If you'd like to try a Dapper Dog Box subscription, you can use code BRUCEWAYNE for 30% off and free shipping. (The Dapper Dog Box can be ordered by clicking here or simply click on any of the pictures above.)
*The Fine Print* - Bruce Wayne is not an affiliate for The Dapper Dog Box, however, they did send us a complimentary box in return for our honest review. These are solely my opinions of the October Dapper Dog Box based on Bruce Wayne's size and preference.