Surprise Pawty - December, 2016
The theme for the December Surprise Pawty box is ‘Winter Wonderland’, which is certainly appropriate for the time of year.
The toys in the December Surprise Pawty box are:
- Fou Fou Pet Corduroy Knotted Toy - (retail value $12.00) This is an adorable Christmas themed toy. It has a squeaker in his body, which Bruce Wayne will not be able to reach, however, there are squeakers in the toy’s “hands” and “feet”. It feels a little rough and rigid, however, that might turn out to be a good thing, as Bruce Wayne loves to chew on rope toys. It is certainly light enough that even though it’s a bit big for Bruce Wayne, it is light enough he will be able to drag it around.
- SodaPup Holiday Soda Can - (retail value $10.00) This is a fun, interactive toy for your dog. You can put treats inside and your dog will be kept busy and entertained trying to get the treats out. I love that this treat dispenser resembles a coke can and love the bright red color. Unfortunately, it is too big for Bruce Wayne, but in full disclosure, the Surprise Pawty team reached out to me before shipping Bruce Wayne’s box to let me know that SodaPup only made the holiday colored cans in the medium and large sizes. :-( I advised that it was no problem. Bruce Wayne actually already has a tiny mini SodaPup can, so I figured I could hold onto this one to give away to a friend in a Closet Cleanout giveaway.
The treats in the December Surprise Pawty box are:
Calvin’s Creations - (retail value $10.00 for 8.0 oz.) The flavor we received is “Pupkin Nutters”. This bag is packed to the top with treats. I do love that they are grain and gluten free, however, they do have peanut butter. (I have recently developed issues with peanut butter. You can decide for yourself if peanut butter is right for your dog here.) Otherwise, the other ingredients are right in line with what I like to give Bruce Wayne: coconut flour, eggs, organic coconut oil and pumpkin puree. (Please be advised that I am aware that I am a paranoid dog mom, I do acknowledge that.)
The Accessories/Extras in the December Surprise Pawty box are:
- MSG Arts Winter Dog Paw Magnet - (retail value $6.00) This is a cute little winter themed magnet you can use to showcase your pup’s santa pictures on your fridge. I honestly don’t have many pictures on my fridge as we like to keep it bare, so it is not a make or break item for me, but it is different and a nice added bonus.
- Earth Rated Waste Bags - (retail value $1.00 for 30 bags) I can’t say it enough, I always love and appreciate getting waste bags in our boxes! I know it seems silly, but I hate buying them. It feels like I’m throwing money down the toilet every time I buy waste bags, so I was certainly excited to see a roll of these in our box. What’s even better is that it is a name brand bag. Earth Rated bags are our favorite. They are durable, easy to tear off and biodegradable.
- Leashed to My Heart Winter Wonderland Ombre Leash - (retail value $16.00) This rope leash was the entire reason I decided to purchase a Surprise Pawty box for Bruce Wayne. I’ve never seen a rope leash in a subscription box and it certainly caught my eye. I love the blue ombre to white colors, which match the box theme perfectly! I haven’t used it yet, however, my first impression is that it is a nice leash. It feels durable and the colors are vibrant. It’s a tad thicker than Bruce Wayne’s other rope leashes so I’m anxious to try it out. (Since he’s been recovering from his surgery, we haven’t went out much.)
Estimated Overall Value of the December Surprise Pawty Box: $55.00
Overall Opinion: Overall, I liked this box. This was our first Surprise Pawty box and we are pleasantly surprised. The highlight to me was definitely the rope leash. I love the creativity of the Surprise Pawty team to add in a rope leash and it certainly pulled me in. I’d be interested to see if the toy to treat ratio is always heavier on the toys/accessories. It isn’t a deal breaker to us, as Bruce Wayne can’t eat most treats he receives in subscription boxes anyway. I’d say the only downside to this box for us is the $4.99 shipping fee. Yes, I hate paying shipping fees and I’ve gotten used to most subscription boxes offering free shipping. I know it’s not much, but it’s just one of my pet peeves.
B-DUBS VERDICT: Bruce Wayne gives the December Surprise Pawty box 2 out of 4 grinchy paws. (He will enjoy the toy, however, this box probably made me happier than it made Bruce Wayne, lol.)
*The Fine Print* I paid for this box myself as a Christmas present for Bruce Wayne. We are not affiliates for Surprise Pawty and therefore, do not have any discount codes to offer. If you would like to try a box for yourself, please feel free to message us and I can point you in the direction of an affiliate that does have a discount code.