June, 2017 - "Under the Sea" PoochPerks Box
The theme for the June PoochPerks is “Under the Sea”. We have yet to receive a box with this theme and with summer days fast approaching, this theme is certainly fitting for the time. We are reviewing the Popular PoochPerks box.
The toys in the June PoochPerks box are:
- ZippyPaws Crab N’ Rock Zippy Burrow - (retail value $13.99) As always, we love receiving any ZippyPaws toys! ZippyPaws has a large Instagram presence, so we always love to see brands that we are familiar with. This toy is meant to be an interactive toy, in that your dog is supposed to reach in and pull the toys out of the rock. That being said, Bruce Wayne has never shown interest in these burrow toys, however, he does like to play with the toys themselves. They are meant to be small so that it can be hidden inside the rock, but also makes for the perfect sized toys for small dogs.
- Ruff Ruff Couture Patrick the Starfish - (retail value $5.95) This is a great sized toy for a small dog. At the top of the starfish is a rope, which Bruce Wayne loves since he typically goes for rope toys. There is a squeaker in the middle of the starfish. The only questionable thing about this toy is why the starfish looks so angry? LOL.
The treats in the June PoochPerks box are:
- So Bright Grain Free Treats - (retail value $3.99 for 6 oz.) The flavor we received is salmon. These are a crunchy round treat, which in whole is too big and too thick for a small dog, but should be easy enough to break into smaller pieces for smaller dogs. While there are no glaring ingredients that I keep from Bruce Wayne, they do contain more starches than I like to give to Bruce Wayne.
Ingredients: Ground Peas, Salmon, White Potato, Tapioca, Salmon Oil, Cranberry, Whole Pumpkin, Carrot, Tomato Pomace, Celery, Beets, Parsley, Lettuce, Watercress
- Emerald Pet Little Chewzzies - (retail value $4.99 for 5 oz.) The flavor we received is salmon. They are described on the bag to be a chewy and moist treat. Feeling them through the bag, I would say that they feel more like a slightly tough moist treat. They are bone shaped and the perfect size for small dogs. Since Bruce Wayne has borderline weight issues, I would still break it in half for him, but it would be fine left as is for most small dogs.
Ingredients: Salmon, Brown Rice, Barley Oats, Vegetable Glycerin, Tapioca, Gelatin, Apple, Sunflower Oil, Natural Smoke Flavor, Sea Salt, Lecithin, Lactic Acid, Ascorbic Acid (Vitamin C), Sorbic Acid (Preservative), Turmeric, Mixed Tocopherols (Preservative)
The extra/accessory in the June PoochPerks Box is:
- One Fur All Pets Mini Candle - (retail value $3.49 for 1 candle) I was ecstatic to see a One Fur All candle in our June box. If you are unfamiliar with One Fur All, buckle up! ;-) The candles are made specifically to help neutralize the smell of homes with pets. Little fun fact, I love brussel sprouts, but they smell horrible. Whenever I make them, I always light my One Fur All candle, as it certainly helps combat the stinky smell. Luckily, Bruce Wayne doesn’t smell nearly as bad, however, I still prefer my One Fur All candles for their smell and the fact that they are involved in the pet world. I believe not only should we support small businesses, but we should support companies that support our fur babies! (If you want to try a One Fur All candle, you can use code BRUCEWAYNE to save 5%)
Estimated Value of the June PoochPerks Box - $32.41
Overall Opinion: The toys in the June PoochPerks stole the show in this box for sure! Not only do I love that we got a ZippyPaws toys, but being from Maryland, I love that the toy was crab themed. We will certainly get plenty of use out of crab toys. I know, without a doubt, you will be seeing Instagram stories of Bruce Wayne licking the rope starfish toy since that is what he seems to do with his rope toys these days …. Licks them, lol! Obviously, as you can probably tell, I was overjoyed to see the One Fur All candle, as well. I am on the fence about the treats. While, I typically like minimal ingredient treats, there were no glaring ingredients that would keep me from giving them to Bruce Wayne. Overall, it was a fun themed box from PoochPerks!
B-DUBS VERDICT: Bruce Wayne gives the June PoochPerks box 3 out 4 grinchy paws!
Deals/Coupon Codes: If you'd like to try a Pooch Perks subscription, use code BRUCEWAYNE for 15% off. (PoochPerks can be ordered by clicking here.)
*The Fine Print* - Pooch Perks sends toys and treats based on your dog's size at the time you sign up for a subscription or single box and even if you have the same size dog as me, you may have received different products (usually same theme though) than Bruce Wayne. Bruce Wayne is an affiliate for Pooch Perks and receives a free box in return for our review, however, these are solely my honest opinions of this month's box based on Bruce Wayne's size and preference.