April, 2017 - "PoochPerks Turns 2" PoochPerks Box
The theme for the April PoochPerks box is “PoochPerks Turns Two”! :-) As a way to celebrate, the PoochPerks staff rounded up some of their favorite products from previous boxes over the last 2 years to include in the April box. I’m assuming that since there’s no exact rhyme or reason, many people will get different boxes, which is always exciting to see who gets what. We are reviewing the Popular Pooch box.
The toys included in the April PoochPerks box are:
- Kong Tugga Wubba - (retail value $3.50) We love getting Kong products in our boxes, as we are very familiar with their brand. Even though we have a lot of Kong products, I haven’t seen this “Tugga Wubba” toy until now. It resembles your standard rope toy in the middle, however, the ends have a durable nylon that your dog can use to play tug-o-war with you. The middle rope part is too thick for Bruce Wayne to play with, however, he will still love this, as most of his rope chew toys are too big for him. He’ll literally lay there and lick it for about 20 minutes. That’s how he “plays” with these toys.
- Kong Cozie King Lion - (retail value $4.29) We actually received this exact toy in a previous PoochPerks box. As stated previously, we are always happy to see a Kong product (or 2) in our box. This lion is only about 5-6 inches tall and a great size for Bruce Wayne. It is super furry, which Bruce Wayne loves. He goes nuts trying to tear the fur off his toys. There is a squeaker in the body of the toy. Funny, the squeaker in ours is actually in his booty and quite hard to get to squeak. No worries, Bruce Wayne isn’t really into squeaking his toys anyway.
The treats in the April PoochPerks box are:
- Red Barn Bagel - (retail value $1.89) The flavor we received is peanut butter. OMG, this “bagel” is just too funny and too cute! It truly does resemble a bagel in dog treat form. This is a great size for a long-term chew toy for a small dog, as it’d keep them busy for hours upon hours. Unfortunately, it does include ingredients that I do not allow Bruce Wayne to have.
Ingredients: Rawhide, Rice Flour, Tapioca, Corn Syrup, Water, Chicken Meal, Sugar, Beef Fat (Preserved with Mixed Tocopherols), Salt, Vegetable Glycerin, Propylene Glycol, Peanut Butter (Peanuts, Dextrose, Hydrogenated Vegetable Oil, Salt), Peanut Butter Flavor, Agar Agar, Citric Acid, Potassium Sorbate (a Preservative), Lecithin, Sodium Benzoate (a Preservative), Titanium Dioxide Color, Yellow 6.
- Down Dog Snacks - (retail value $10.00 for 8.0 oz.) The flavor we received is “Appleberry Zensations”, which is basically applesauce and blueberries. While these treats individually are too big whole for Bruce Wayne, they are a crunchy treat that is easy to break into smaller pieces. We received these in a previous PoochPerks box and Bruce Wayne loved them. Since the first 2 ingredients are a flour and potato starch, I try to give these treats sparingly to Bruce Wayne.
Ingredients: Garbanzo flour, potato starch, applesauce, organic coconut oil, honey, blueberries, organic flax seed + cinnamon
- Grandma Lucy’s Pure Performance Starters - (retail value $13.69 for 6 oz.) The flavor we received is their “Fish Recipe”. This bag of treats was buried at the bottom of our box. It’s like they were saving the best for last! :-) We were so excited to see a full bag of treats from Grandma Lucy’s, as they are one of our favorite brands. They are described on the bag as a “freeze-dried” treat, however they harder than most freeze-dried treats. The treats are round and make for a great size for medium-larger sized dogs. I was surprised at how easy these treats are to break into smaller pieces for smaller dogs.
As we were opening our PoochPerks box, Bruce Wayne’s little nose was going crazy. I wasn’t exactly sure what he was so excited for, but I have no doubt it was these treats. Bruce Wayne absolutely loves stinky fish treats!
Below is Bruce Wayne’s “first impression” of these Grandma Lucy’s fish treats. This was truly the first time he tried them and as you can see towards the end of the video, he almost knocks into me trying to get more! :-)
Ingredients: USDA Pollock, Chickpea Flour, Flax, Carrots, Apples
The extra/accessory in the April PoochPerks box is:
- Pet Winery Dog Wine - (retail value $9.99 for 5 oz.) The flavor we received is “Fetch Me Grigio” which is perfect. In our February PoochPerks box, we received the “Fetch Me Noir” flavor. These “bottles” of wine are just too cute and they make for a great photo prop.
Ingredients: Filtered water, organic bacon extract, salmon oil and organic food coloring
Estimated Value of the April PoochPerks Box: $43.36
Overall Opinion: Overall, this was another great box from PoochPerks! The toys are all a great size for Bruce Wayne. While we received some of the same products we have in the past, they are all ones that we loved before. The standout item for us this month is by far the Grandma Lucy’s fish treats. Bruce Wayne is going crazy for them! I am so happy for PoochPerks reaching their 2 year Anniversary in what is a tough environment. We would like to congratulate them and thank PoochPerks for continuing to support our reviews! :-)
B-DUBS VERDICT: Bruce Wayne gives the April PoochPerks box 4 out of 4 grinchy paws!
Deals/Coupon Codes - If you'd like to try a Pooch Perks subscription, use code BRUCEWAYNE for 15% off. (PoochPerks can be ordered by clicking here.)
*The Fine Print* - Pooch Perks sends toys and treats based on your dog's size at the time you sign up for a subscription or single box and even if you have the same size dog as me, you may have received different products (usually same theme though) than Bruce Wayne. Bruce Wayne is an affiliate for Pooch Perks and receives a free box in return for our review, however, these are solely my honest opinions of this month's box based on Bruce Wayne's size and preference.