December, 2016 - "Tis the Season" PoochPerks Box
The theme for the December PoochPerks box is ‘Tis the Season’. Appropriately themed for this wonderful time of the year. We are reviewing the PoochPerks Pampered Pooch box, however, there are various boxes to fit every budget.
The Toys in the December PoochPerks Box are:
- Jolly Pets Penguin - (retail value $9.00) This festive penguin measures about 10.5 inches tall, so it’s pretty big for a small dog toy, however, it is lightweight and flat enough that your dog should have no problem dragging it around and playing with it. The body of the penguin is a rope toy and the arms and feet of the penguin have that infamous crinkle paper that Bruce Wayne loves so much!
- FouFou Brands Reindeer Toy - (retail value $9.99) This reindeer is made of corduroy and is super soft. It is a plush toy with a squeaker in the middle. Being that the toy itself it pretty plush, I’m pretty sure given Bruce Wayne’s history, he will have trouble finding the squeaker. I wish the rest of the toy had crinkle material in the arms and legs to keep the small dogs interested, but either way, this is a cute and festive toy.
- ZippyPaws Hedgehog - (retail value $4.99) I was super excited to see this hedgehog in our PoochPerks box. I’ve seen this guy floating around all over Instagram. We have many close friends that say their dog is obsessed with the ZippyPaws hedgehog. This toy has a squeaker inside the body of the hedgehog, however, again, because of the width of the body, Bruce Wayne will have a hard time finding the squeaker. This hedgehog is quite furry, which has provided Bruce Wayne with plenty of entertainment.
Below is a video of Bruce Wayne’s “first impression” of the hedgehog. As you can see, he’s having a blast with this little guy. No wonder so many of our friends love playing with this toy. Be sure to watch towards the end to hear Bruce Wayne’s little piggy grunts, lol, they always make me laugh.
- MultiPet Rubber Santa - (retail value $n/a) I searched all over the Internet for a price on this toy, but was unable to find one. It is no longer listed on the MultiPet website. At first glance, I wasn’t even sure what it did. It has a rubber piece in the middle of the rubber santa that I wasn’t sure what it’s purpose was. After doing some research, I learned it is simply part of the squeaker. When you squeak this toy, it is very loud. If your dog likes squeakers, they will certainly love this toy. Unfortunately, it is a bit too big for Bruce Wayne’s little Chi-Chi mouth and since it so round, he won’t have much to chew on.
The Treats in the December PoochPerks Box are:
- Exclusively Dog Cookies - (retail value $5.79 for 8 oz.) The flavor we received is “vanilla wafer”. This resemble the human vanilla wafer cookies perfectly. You certainly get your monies worth with these cookies. The bag is filled to the top! They are a crunchy texture and do not appear to be too thick, so you should be able to break them into smaller pieces quite easily. Since they are a bit high in crude fat and the first ingredient is wheat flour, I will save these for Bruce Wayne’s crazy Uncle Patches or give them away in a closet cleanout. :-)
- My Doggy Soft Baked Cookies - (retail value $6.99 for 5 oz.) The flavor we received is gingerbread, which is perfect for the holidays. This is a smaller bag of the cookies as it is sold as a stocking stuffer treat, which explains the long size in the bag. This bag may be smaller, but it is certainly packed with treats. There’s no room to squeeze even 1 more cookie in. The bag says “soft-baked”, however, they feel a little bit harder than soft baked. I would say they are more of a soft crunchy texture.
- Cloud Star Soft & Chewy Treats for Dogs - (retail value $5.95 for 5 oz.) The flavor we received is gingerbread. The treats themselves are shaped as little gingerbread men. They are super cute and the perfect size for Bruce Wayne. These treats are definitely soft and chewy as claimed, as you can easily break a small piece off through the bag. I would love to give these to Bruce Wayne, however, the first ingredient is wheat flour and I like to keep Bruce Wayne wheat free. While I’m extremely over picky, Bruce Wayne’s crazy Uncle Patches will love these.
The Extra/Accessory in the December PoochPerks Box is:
- One Fur All Candle - (retail value $3.49) We received the mini candle in the scent ‘Evergreen Forest’. I have a few of the taller candles, but none in this scent though so I was happy to give this one a sniff. And I can tell you, it does not disappoint! This is the perfect scent for winter and the holiday season. Since I’m allergic to real Christmas trees, I like to light this candle nearby so that we still get the Christmas scent in the air. I love that there is a little bonus for us humans. The best part is that this candle company is designed with dog lovers in mind. It is strong enough to combat the stinkies of dogs and even gives back to dog rescues and shelters. (Shameless Plug: If you’d like to try these candles on their own, you can use code BRUCEWAYNE for 5% off your order.)
Estimated December PoochPerks Value: $46.20 (NOT including the MultiPet rubber Santa toy since I couldn’t find a price online.)
Overall Opinion: As always, PoochPerks packed a ton in our box. I have no clue how they get these boxes shut, as I cannot close it back up. The toys stood out for Bruce Wayne in this particular box, as most of the treats, he is unable to eat. Again, I remind you that I’m overly cautious about the ingredients that Bruce Wayne eats. I do not say you should or shouldn’t be letting your dog eat these. You know what is best for your dog. Our highlight is definitely the ZippyPaws hedgehog. Bruce Wayne loves playing with this little guy. I personally loved getting the mini candle from One Fur All. It’s just an added bonus to a great box.
B-DUBS VERDICT: Bruce Wayne gives the December PoochPerks box 2 out of 4 grinchy paws.
Deals/Coupon Codes - If you'd like to try a Pooch Perks subscription, use code BRUCEWAYNE for 15% off and free shipping. (Pooch Perks can be ordered by clicking here or through www.poochperks.com.)
*The Fine Print* - Pooch Perks sends toys and treats based on your dog's size at the time you sign up for a subscription or single box and even if you have the same size dog as me, you may have received different products (usually same theme though) than Bruce Wayne. Bruce Wayne is an affiliate for Pooch Perks and receives a free box in return for our review, however, these are solely my honest opinions of this month's box based on Bruce Wayne's size and preference.