July, 2016 - "Surprise Box" Paw Pack Birthday Box
The Paw Pack July theme was “Surprise Box” in honor of their 2 year birthday. I’m not sure if all members got the same box or random items in a box. I know that subscription box companies sometimes do this to clear out their inventory. While we aren’t fans of this, I understand why companies do this.
The Toys in the July Paw Pack are:
- U.S. Army Bear Recruit Dog Toy - (retail value $5.00) This is a cute little teddy bear toy with a squeaker inside. It has pink camo to reflect the military theme of this toy. Therefore, since it is a pink toy, we will be sending this to a girl pup to enjoy. Even though Bruce Wayne is colorblind, he has plenty of toys, so I am trying to be selective of the ones he keeps.
- Bow Wow Pet Knotted Ball Toy - (retail value $4.99) Bruce Wayne previously received this in another subscription box. He wasn’t much of a fan of the toy. While he does very much enjoy chewing on rope toys, since this a tightly knotted toy, he cannot wrap his little Chi-Chi mouth around it. :-(
Below is a “First Impression” video of Bruce Wayne with the knotted rope toy he received in a different subscription box. Since Bruce Wayne has been in and out of the vet’s office lately, I figured I’d let him rest and use this slightly older video since it is the same toy, just a different color camo.
The Treats in the July Paw Pack Box are:
- Blue Ridge Naturals Sweet Tater Fries - (retail value $3.99 for 5 oz.) I am super excited to have received these treats. These are 100% all natural dehydrated sweet potato treats. That’s it, one ingredient, sweet potatoes! :-) I love finding new healthy treats for Bruce Wayne to try. They are definitely hard and crunchy so we will have to break it into pieces for Bruce Wayne, but that shouldn’t be a problem.
- Exclusively Dog Smoothers - (retail value $4.50 for 7.0 oz.) We received the pumpkin flavor Smoothers. These treats are a chewy texture and highlight that they are wheat, corn and soy free with “drops of yogurt”. While I do appreciate that the treats are wheat, corn and soy free, they have 20 ingredients, which always puts me on guard, and pumpkin isn’t the first ingredient (it’s the 7th ingredient). While they sound yummy, I’ll be passing these to Bruce Wayne’s crazy uncle Patches to try (he is allowed to eat all the treats Bruce Wayne can’t eat, lol).
The Accessory/Extra Included in the July Paw Pack is:
- Loving Pets Gobble Stopper - (retail value $4.50) This company must have went on a marketing spree, lol, as we have now received this slow stopper in 3 different subscription boxes. This is a great tool to help fast eaters slow down. As many of you may know, if a dog eats too fast, it can cause digestive problems. This slow feeder promotes that by simply placing this tool into your dog's food bowl, it can slow your dog’s feeding by 5x! Bruce Wayne does not have any problems eating too fast and since he’s so small, his feedings are quite small, so we will be passing this extra onto a friend.
Estimated Value of July’s Paw Pack: $22.98
Overall Opinion: I usually think Paw Pack sends some of the best subscription boxes for dogs, however, this one missed the mark for me. I really enjoy themed boxes and was highly confused by this one. I was under the impression it was a surprise box, but the box itself is a green color (different from their Tiffany Blue) and on the backside of the front cover it reads “Thank you. This pack helped spay/neuter efforts [and] local rescues feed shelter animals”. However, nothing in the box reflects that theme either (not even the informational pamphlet included). The toys reflect a military theme, which the treats do not reflect. That being said, I was extremely happy to receive the Sweet Potato treats, but overall, was underwhelmed by this box. It felt like a hodgepodge of leftover dog items.
B-DUBS VERDICT: Bruce Wayne gives the July Paw Pack a 1 out of 4 grinchy paws.
Deals/Coupon Codes: We are not an affiliate for Paw Pack, therefore, we do not have any discount codes. Although, we do have friends that are affiliates. If you are interested in signing up for a Paw Pack and would like to support fellow dog affiliates, please message us and we will send you their discount code.
*The Fine Print* - Paw Pack sends toys and treats based on your dog's size at the time you sign up for a subscription or single box and even if you have the same size dog as Bruce Wayne, you may have received different products (same theme though) than Bruce Wayne. These are solely my honest opinions of this month's box based on Bruce Wayne's size and preference.