March, 2017 - "Bento & Blossoms" BarkBox Box
The theme for the March BarkBox is Bento & Blossoms. Basically, it is a Japanese sushi themed box. Being that I love sushi, I was delighted to see this box theme.
The toys in the March BarkBox are:
- Sydneys Salmon Nigiri - (retail value $8.00) This is the perfect sized toy for Bruce Wayne. It’s is designed to mimic a piece of nigiri sushi and they nailed it. There is a squeaker in the middle of the toy, which Bruce Wayne won’t be able to get his little Chi-Chi mouth around to squeak, however, there is an added bonus squeaker in the side “tail” of the sushi, which he may be able to squeak if he chews hard enough.
- Get That Geta (retail value $10.00) This geta shoe toy is too funny! The entire flat part of the shoe is a squeaker. No matter which part of the flat part you push on, it will squeak. The top of the shoe is lined with Bruce Wayne’s favorite, crinkle material. While I don’t foresee this being a toy that Bruce Wayne actually plays with, he will probably enjoy chewing on the nylon strap.
The treats in the March BarkBox are:
- Mr. Porkle Pork Teriyaki Treat - (retail value $6.00 for 5.5 oz.) These are the perfect sized treats for a small dog or makes for a great training treat for a large dog. They are described as “soft and chewy”, which feeling them through the bag, they certainly do. I was really excited to have Bruce Wayne try these treats, however, was pretty bummed to see they contained barley four, because I try to keep Bruce Wayne gluten free. I will hold these for a Closet Cleanout giveaway.
Ingredients: Pork, Brown Rice Flour, Ground Oats, Barley Flour, Vegetable Glycerin, Potatoes, Honey, Flaxseed, Cane Molasses, Vinegar, Xanthan Gum, Natural Pineapple Flavor, Ginger and Mixed Tocopherols
- Hello Ducky Treats - (retail value $8.00 for 3.3 oz.) These treats are best suited for a medium or large size dog, however, they do feel soft enough that I could easily break them into smaller pieces for Bruce Wayne. It’s been awhile since Bruce Wayne has had duck treats, but if I recall correctly, he really likes them. While these treats do contain potato flour, which I’m not really a fan of giving him, I will make these his “special occasion” treats.
Ingredients: Duck, Potato Flour, Vegetable Glycerin, Mixed Tocopherols, Rosemary Extract and Natural Smoke Flavor
- Etta Says Buffalo Chew - (retail value $3.00 for 7 inches) This is a great size chew if your dog likes to chew on these, which I can’t imagine a dog that would pass it up! ;-) Since Bruce Wayne has recovered well from his tonsillectomy, I am more lenient to let him have a chew, however, this particular one contains rawhide and caramel coloring. Unfortunately, Bruce Wayne will not be trying this one.
Ingredients: Rawhide, Buffalo, Caramel Coloring and Salt
Estimated Value of the March BarkBox: $35.00
Overall Opinion: I loved the theme for the March BarkBox. I’m actually really glad that they didn’t go with a St. Patrick’s Day theme, as we wouldn’t have received our box in time to celebrate with since they send the boxes out around the 15th. Being that I’m a big fan of sushi, I was delighted to see the toys that BarkBox had created. The toys are a perfect size for Bruce Wayne and any small dogs will surely enjoy them too. Honestly, I was a bit disappointed with the treats, however, that is probably due to my picky ways. I’ve recently learned about how rawhides are made and why they are not good for dogs, so I was a bit surprised to see BarkBox send one since they usually send such fabulous chews. Overall, the theme and toys make this box worthwhile for sure! :-)
B-DUBS VERDICT: Bruce Wayne gives the March BarkBox 3 out of 4 grinchy paws!
Deals/Coupon Codes: If you'd like to try a BarkBox subscription, use code BRUCE for free shipping ($5.00 to Canada) and a free $10 credit to the BarkShop. (BarkBox can be ordered from www.barkbox.com/brucewayne.) If there's a particular toy or treat you'd like to order from www.barkshop.com, you can use code BRUCE on any order of $10 or more for a free chew added to your order. Happy shopping!
*The Fine Print* - BarkBox sends toys and treats based on your dog's size at the time you sign up for a subscription or single box and even if you have the same size dog as me, you may have received different products (same theme though) than Bruce Wayne. Bruce Wayne is an affiliate for BarkBox and receives a free box, however, these are solely my honest opinions of this month's box based on Bruce Wayne's size and preference.