April, 2016 - "Take Me Out to the Ballgame" BarkBox
The April BarkBox theme is without a doubt centered around baseball. BarkBox's “Take Me Out to the Ballgame” box pays tribute to baseball and Yankee great, Yogi Berra.
The toys included in April’s BarkBox are:
- “The Yogi Barka Mitt” - (retail value $12.00) This is by far the cutest baseball glove I’ve ever seen! BarkBox is notorious for having their own line of toys made exclusively for their subscription boxes and this one did not disappoint. It has a leather feel to it without it actually being made of leather. The “pocket” contains a squeaker, which will probably excite a lot of dogs, but because of Bruce Wayne’s small size, he cannot reach the middle of the glove with his little Chi-Chi mouth. He does like that the finger side of the glove, as it contains crinkle material, which he absolutely loves!
- “The Fire Baller - (retail value $10.00) We both love this baseball! What you cannot see is that the plush cover hides a sturdy squeaker spikey ball. You have to have a powerful pup to get it to squeak, but the rugged texture has kept Bruce Wayne’s interest. Bruce Wayne loves the flames. They are sturdy and give him something fun to chew on. Please be careful though, as the flames do contain fur. Bruce Wayne loves to rip out the fur so I am constantly keeping an eye on him to make sure he doesn’t ingest it.
The treats in the April BarkBox are:
- Sojos “Simply Wild Free-Range Wild Boar” - (retail value $6.00 for 1oz. bag) I am beyond excited to get these treats! They are freeze dried and contain only ONE ingredient - Wild Boar! The only downfall is that it's a small bag that only contains 1 oz. of product, however, the health benefits outweigh the product size for me. Bruce Wayne loves these treats! He is a big fan of freeze dried treats.
- Nootie “Barklyn Doggers” Treats - (retail value $6.00 for 5 oz. bag) The packaging for these treats is adorable and nails the ballgame theme perfectly. I was intrigued about these treats until I looked at the back of the packaging at the ingredients. This particular bag of treats contains 17 different ingredients, however, the treats do uphold the BarkBox promise of not containing grains, wheat, corn or soy! It’s all up to preference. I am notoriously crazy about what Bruce Wayne eats, so I do realize I’m pickier than most dog parents.
- Beef Jerky Pretzel - (retail value $3.00) This is such an awesome take on a ballpark favorite! It is made of 100% USDA inspected beef and sure to delight any chewers! While our pretzel was a bit unshapely, it holds the general shape and is a delightful snack/chew toy. Bruce Wayne loves it, but I have to monitor him at all times while he chews it, as I am always worried of any choking. This is definitely a treat he’d like to have more of!
- BarkBox Funny Face Cutout - (retail value $0.00) BarkBox included a paper cutout for your dog’s face. You have to have a very patient pup to put this on, as it is quite flimsy, however, I thought it was a fun extra. I put it on Bruce Wayne and he didn’t seem to mind it, but was certainly highly confused.
Estimated Retail Value of April’s BarkBox: ($37.00)
Overall Opinion: We loved this box! The baseball theme is perfect for an April box and I was super impressed with the toys BarkBox included. The highlight for me is definitely the Sojos Wild Boar treats. There isn’t really anything about this April BarkBox that Bruce Wayne didn’t like (although he didn’t get to try the Barklyn Doggers treats because I’m a psychotic dog Mom). Depending on the size of your dog, you may get other toys not reviewed here. We are definitely going to go to the BarkShop (www.barkshop.com) to order the baseball bat we didn’t get in our box. Have fun and Play Ball!
Deals/Coupon Codes: If you'd like to try a BarkBox subscription, use code BRUCE for free shipping and a free $10 credit to the BarkShop. (BarkBox can be ordered from www.barkbox.com/brucewayne or simply click on the first picture above) If there's a particular toy or treat you'd like to order from www.barkshop.com, you can use code BRUCE on any order of $10 or more for a free steer stick added to your order. Happy shopping!
*The Fine Print* - BarkBox sends toys and treats based on your dogs size at the time you sign up for a subscription or single box and even if you have the same size dog as me, you may have received different products (same theme though) than Bruce Wayne. Bruce Wayne is an affiliate for BarkBox, however, these are solely my honest opinions of this month's box based on Bruce Wayne's size and preference.