November, 2016 - "Home for the Holidays" Box
The theme for the November BarkBox is “Home for the Holidays”. I love the theme, as it is centered on home is where your dog is, which describes us perfectly! ;-)
The Toys in the November BarkBox are:
- Plush Turkey Toy - (retail value $11.00) - This is a plush toy that measures about 6.5 inches tall and 8.5 inches long. It is almost the size of Bruce Wayne, but is light enough that he can easily pick it up and toss it around (as evidenced below). It is super soft and in the chest of the turkey, it has a “squeaker”. It isn’t your normal squeaker sound, I believe it is supposed to resemble a “gobble” sound that turkey’s make.
Below is a video of Bruce Wayne’s “first impression” of the turkey toy. I was surprised to see how rough he actually got with it, lol, as he’s usually pretty gentle with his stuffies. So far, he’s been loving it!
- Lick the Chef Apron - (retail value $8.00) - This was the toy I was most excited about! I had been eyeing it up on Barkshop.com and was axiously awaiting our BarkBox to see if we got it. :-) It is the perfect size apron for Bruce Wayne! Instead of using it as a toy, we are actually going to use it as apron for some upcoming funny videos/pictures. The ropes of the toy are perfectly placed, as they resemble the strings of an actual apron. If your dog is using this as an actual toy, it’ll provide lots of fun playtime, as there are 7 squeakers within the apron itself.
- MultiPet Nature’s Bits Treats - (retail value $8.00 for 6 oz.) I never knew MultiPet made treats. We’ve seen their toys before, but we are new to their treats. The flavor we received is “Turpumpkin” (lol), which is described as a turkey and pumpkin flavor. They are also described as “soft oven-baked treats”, however, through the bag, they feel more of a hard, crunchy texture. While they are grain and gluten free, I’ll be giving these to Bruce Wayne’s crazy Uncle Patches or in a Closet Cleanout giveaway, because as right now, Bruce Wayne has a ton of treats.
- Pipsqueak Pup Chicken Jerky - (retail value $8.00 for 3.5 oz.) These chicken jerky mini strips include sweet potatoes, kale and cranberries. They are gluten free and all natural. Feeling them through the bag, they feel pretty soft and should be easy to break into pieces for smaller dogs. Since Bruce Wayne has to watch his crude fat intake these days, I’ll have to hold these for another day.
- Pig Ear Chew - (retail value $3.00 for 1 ear) We usually get one of these in our orders from BarkShop (use code BRUCE for a free chew anytime your order is $10 or more ….shamless plug, lol). I personally do not give these to Bruce Wayne, but that is because he has enlarged tonsils and he doesn’t always chew his treats or food before he swallows, which could cause big problems for him. However, all of our friends that have ever had one of these absolutely loves them.
The Extra/Accessory in the November BarkBox is:
- Poop Bag Roll - (retail value $2.00 for 30 bags) If you know me, then you probably know how excited I get when I see waste bags in a subscription box, lol. This is because I know we are definitely going to use them. Bruce Wayne goes on a lot of walks, so we go through them pretty quickly and it’s one of the things I dread buying most. (Weird quirk of mine!) These bags are definitely made with big dogs in mind. They are extremely tough and thick (almost too hard to bundle up), but nonetheless, we are happy to have them. They have funny statements written on them in typical BarkBox fashion. The only downfall is that they aren’t biodegradable. Being that we use so many, I like to usually use eco-friendly bags.
Estimated Total Value for the November BarkBox: $40.00
Overall Opinion: This November box falls right in line with BarkBox’s usual quality of boxes. The toys are always the highlight for me, especially the toy apron since it fits Bruce Wayne perfectly. The treats that BarkBox usually sends are either a hit or miss for us. However, I must say it’s mainly because I’m such a overbearing dog mom and am overly cautious about Bruce Wayne’s health. Overall though, I love the box and the Thanksgiving theme fits perfectly, of course! :-)
B-DUBS VERDICT: Bruce Wayne gives the November BarkBox 3 out of 4 grinchy paws!
Deals/Coupon Codes: If you'd like to try a BarkBox subscription, use code BRUCE for free shipping and a free $10 credit to the BarkShop. (BarkBox can be ordered from www.barkbox.com/brucewayne or simply click on any of the photos in this post.) If there's a particular toy or treat you'd like to order from www.barkshop.com, you can use code BRUCE on any order of $10 or more for a free chew added to your order. Happy shopping!
*The Fine Print* - BarkBox sends toys and treats based on your dog's size at the time you sign up for a subscription or single box and even if you have the same size dog as me, you may have received different products (same theme though) than Bruce Wayne. Bruce Wayne is an affiliate for BarkBox and receives a free box, however, these are solely my honest opinions of this month's box based on Bruce Wayne's size and preference.